Uddyam is a Partner in the dispute resolution practice of VERUS.
Uddyam started his practice from the Chambers of Mr. Rajeev Sharma, Advocate-on-Record of the Supreme Court of India. He specializes in civil, commercial and constitutional litigation and advises clients in a variety of matters including commercial disputes, monetary suits and declaratory actions.
He also advises Mobile Payment/ Prepaid Payment Instruments and payment gateway companies on operational modelling to ensure compliance with regulations governing payments and settlement systems in India.
- LL.M (Masters in Law) Nani A Palkhivala Memorial Gold Medal), National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (2011)
- B.A. LL.B: M.S. Ramaiah College of Law, Bangalore (2009)
His representations include:
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Regularly appears before the Supreme Court, Delhi High Court, Punjab & Haryana High Court, National Company Law Tribunal, National Company Law Appellate Tribunal, Debt Recovery Tribunal, Debt Recovery Appellate Tribunal, Competition Commission of India, Telecom Dispute Settlement & Appellate Tribunal, Central Administrative Tribunal, Central Government Industrial Tribunal, arbitral tribunals, Press Council of India and other forums.
- Advises clients in relation to shareholder / joint venture partners’ disputes before arbitral tribunals, Civil Courts, High Courts and Supreme Court.
- Represents diverse institutions such as Western Coalfields Limited, Rail Land Development Authority, Megha Engineering & Infrastructure Limited, Daikin Airconditioning India Pvt. Ltd., South Eastern Coalfields Ltd., PrasarBharati, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Indian Institute of Mass Communication, etc.
Other Areas of Experience
- Advises clients on schemes of amalgamation / arrangement under the Companies Act, 2013 and the Companies Act, 1956.
- Advises clients in relation to litigation arising out of fuel supply agreements, power purchase agreements and transfer of mining rights.
- Advises clients in relation to recovery of amounts from defaulting borrowers, enforcement of security and related transactional advisory.
- Regularly advises clients on corporate insolvency resolution process and liquidation process, filing of insolvency applications and represents various stakeholders such as banks, operational creditors, workmen and employees in relation to claims under Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.