Infrastructure and Projects
We have wide experience in advising on legal aspects of infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects. We have advised on land related issues, responsibilities of project consultants, construction and other project contracts, permits, licenses and sponsor arrangements.
Turnkey contracting is an area of focus. We have widely advised both developers and contractors in the area of turnkey contracting from the perspectives of risk allocation and financing. Our turnkey experience covers contracts for large infrastructure projects, renewable energy projects, nuclear power projects, and construction of factories.
- Advising TATA Power Solar on their EPC and O&M arrangements for their customers including, recently, on the EPC contract for a 28.5 MW solar power project in Satara, Maharashtra, India – one of the largest solar power projects in Maharashtra, India.
- Advised Rolls-Royce Power Systems on its proposed bid as a Contractor in connection with an Asian Development Bank (ADB) funded 70MW gas-based replacement power project at Sivasagar district, Assam
- Advised Suzlon Energy Ltd. on Indian law aspects in connection with their EPC contract for a 138.6MW wind farm project in the Cookhouse province of South Africa.
- Advised Huntsman India on EPC Contract concerning balance works in their factory at Chakan, Maharashtra.
- Advised Ultratech Cement on O&M arrangements for their factory at Katni, Madhya Pradesh.
- Acted as the legal expert for a national program of a country in Africa to set up a nuclear power project.