Banking and Finance
Having acted for both lenders and borrowers, we have a deep understanding of banking and finance transactions. Our banking and finance practice covers advising on corporate and project lending both from domestic and offshore banks, structured finance, acquisition finance, receivables finance, leasing and hire purchase transactions. Our solutions have frequently helped parties in complex financing involving ring-fencing of assets, structuring innovative security package and lowering overall stamp duty implications in transactions.
Insolvency and debt restructurings are areas of special focus within the overall banking and finance practice. We have a significant understanding of insolvency rules, voluntary liquidations, distribution of assets in insolvency, solvent and creditor restructurings.
- Advised Axis Bank-led consortium of lenders in the refinancing of loans to Tower Vision India Pvt. Ltd.
- Acted as the Lenders Legal Counsel for HUDCO and Bank of Maharashtra for a facility provided to Maharashtra Airport Development Corporation (MADC) in connection with its project at MIHAN SEZ at Nagpur.
- Advised on the refinancing of all Huntsman group companies Indian loans.
- Advising Axis Bank on external commercial borrowing to Greenply Industries Ltd.
- Advised Axis Bank on its stand-by letter of credit (SBLC) facilities to Educomp Intelprop Ventures Pte
- Advised Aditya Birla Retail Ltd. on a large issue of privately placed and unlisted NCDs
- Advised Idea Cellular Limited on certain issues concerning its listed.
- Advised Suzlon Energy Limited on various offshore financings.